Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Cabin Fever Part 1

Oh hey, guess what?  When I was writing this post, it got waaaaay too long.  So I decided that two slightly-shorter-than-usual posts were better than one novel-length post.  Just to space things out a bit better, I'll post the second part on Thursday evening.
___________________________________

On Friday evening, Brody, Lauren, Alex, Kinsley, Kendra, Christian, Damien, and Kevin headed out to Brody's cabin.  I felt a small stab of jealousy and wished I didn't have to work the next day.  I planned to leave right from work and would be there by late afternoon.

Since I had swapped my weekends, it wasn't my normal weekend to work, which meant it was Josh's.  I wasn't looking forward to seeing him.  This week had been really busy for both of us and I had managed to avoid him so far, but I imagined that would be harder to do on a Saturday.

As I guessed, I had only been at work for about 2 minutes when Josh cornered me in the break room.  "You're pissed at me," he stated.

"I am," I agreed.  "You were rude and over the line on Saturday."

"I don't really agree," he argued.

I gave him a weird look.  "Really?  You don't think it's rude to comment on someone's income and their bill paying arrangement?"

He shrugged and then said, "I mean, he's a good looking dude but his paycheck is the real draw, let's be honest."

I blinked in surprise.  "I'd prefer if you stopped making any comments about my relationship," I said finally, when I had gathered myself enough to say the words without spitting them out.  "It's not any of your business."

"Whatever," he replied, smirking.  He cocked an eyebrow and then said, "See ya later, then."  Then he stalked away.  At least he stayed out of my way for the rest of the day.

I brought my stuff with me to work with me so I didn't even have to stop at the house after.  By 2:30 I was on my way.  Brody had written down rather complicated directions and I was a little nervous about not being able to use my GPS.  I wish I had a better sense of direction.

I only took one wrong turn though, and made it to the cabin by 4.  A chilly breeze raised goosebumps on my arms as I stepped out of my car and headed towards the house.  I greeted Lauren and Kinsley as I came in through the kitchen, then headed straight to the master bedroom to change.

I was digging a sweatshirt out of my bag when Brody knocked lightly on the door and came in.  He stepped up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist.  His lips found my neck and I sighed, melting back into him.  When his hand slid under my shirt, I leaned forward a little.

"You have to wait," I admonished him.  "I just got here, and people will wonder where we are."

"So?" he asked, pulling me back towards him firmly.  "I don't care."

"I do," I replied.  He groaned and nipped at my neck.  I wriggled out of his grasp, turned to face him, and dropped to my knees in front of him.

"What are you doing?" he asked, as I pulled at his belt.

I gave him a look that clearly said, "what do you think I'm doing?"   Then, as I unbuttoned and unzipped his pants I said, "Something to get you through until a more appropriate time to actually have sex."

He groaned and steadied himself with a hand on the windowsill as I took him into my mouth.  I made fast work of him, conscious of the half open door and the footsteps around the house.  As he pulled me to my feet after, I asked, "Will that hold you until later tonight?"

He chuckled and kissed me, then said, "Actually, now I just want you even more."  He tried to pin me against the wall but I slid out of his grasp and walked towards the door.

I looked over my shoulder and said, "Then just imagine how much you're going to want me a few hours from now."  I smirked as he made a face, but he fixed his pants and followed me out.

I poured myself a glass of wine from the open bottle on the counter and wandered out to the deck, where Lauren, Kendra, and Kinsley were sitting.  "Where are the other guys?" I asked curiously.

Kinsley rolled her eyes.  "Climbing trees.  Seriously."  She pointed into the stand of trees closest to the house and when I squinted I could see a flash of someone's red shirt about 10 feet off the ground.

"Whatever makes them happy, I guess," I replied with a shrug.  Brody came out, informed me he was going back to join the rest of the guys, and jogged off towards the trees.  That was fine with me, this was the first time I had seen Kinsley since the end of tax season.  At the beginning of the month we had made plans to go out and celebrate on April 15th, but she was so exhausted at that point she had begged off.

The guys wandered back over after about an hour, laughing.  Kevin had a scrape down the side of his face, and one of Alex's hands was bleeding.  Lauren regarded them with disdain.  "It's a lot safer up here," she muttered to me.  I laughed and agreed.  Brody, Christian, and Damien looked relatively unscathed.   Alex and Brody went inside to shower while Kevin started the grill.

After we ate, Brody and Kevin built a fire in the fire pit.  I was finally starting to relax, and was relieved that no one had brought up Cassie.  We were sitting by the fire with drinks when I heard a car approaching.  I turned to Brody.  "Are we expecting someone else?" I asked, a little nervous.

"No, we're not," he said, standing as a car screeched to a very quick stop behind mine.  Brody stood and started to walk towards it as the driver's door flew open.  We all gawked as Savannah stumbled out.

"What the fuck is she doing here?" I hissed at Lauren.  Lauren shrugged, looking just as confused and shocked as I felt.

"I knew you'd be here!" Savannah shrieked.  "I looked all over the fucking city for you, and then I knew you'd be here!"  Kendra stood and walked over towards Savannah and Brody.  Savannah turned her face towards Brody.  "Is your stupid whore girlfriend here too?"  I stiffened and Lauren put a hand on my arm.

"Are you drunk?" Brody asked her calmly.

"Not a lot drunk," she slurred.  "Just a little drunk."  Lauren and I exchanged looks.  I was actually impressed (but not in a good way) that she had been able to find the place at all, much less drunk.  Thinking of some of the roads I drove on to get here, I was horrified at the idea of her driving them drunk.

Brody and Kendra talked softly to her, while she answered them loudly.  Brody motioned Alex over and they talked together for a second before Brody said, "Okay, Savannah, let's get you set up with a room.  I have one for you."

"You knew I was coming?" she asked, stumbling over her words.

"Of course," Brody said soothingly.  He was talking to her like you might talk to an injured animal or small child, and it seemed to be working.  "Come on, let's go."  He and Alex led her inside, helping her up the stairs and through the door.

"He's letting her stay?" Lauren said to me in surprise.

"Not much of a choice," I pointed out.  "She's obviously drunk, and we've all been drinking too."  I was furious that she was here, but I think that letting her spend the night was the best choice.

When Brody came out a few minutes later, he walked over to me immediately.  He pulled me a little away from everyone else and said softly, "I'm sorry, I don't know what else to do with her."

"No, it's okay," I assured him.  "I don't think there are any other options."  He looked angry and a little anxious.

"I'll get her out of here first thing in the morning," he continued. I nodded and we walked back over to the fire, where everyone seemed a little uneasy.  I started to move towards my chair next to Brody's, but he stopped me and pulled me into his lap.  I wondered how drunk he was--if he was even still drunk after Savannah's surprise buzz-killing entrance--but he murmured, "You look cold."  I was cold, and frankly I was glad for his arms around me.  I was nervous about Savannah's appearance and irritated at myself for letting her ruin the fun I had been having.

Not surprisingly, no one was really into the fire anymore, and we let it die.  People trickled back into the house one or two at a time until it was just me and Brody left, watching the last embers of the fire fade.  I shivered, really cold now that the fire was nearly out.  "Should we kill it and go to bed?" Brody asked.  I nodded and stood, uncurling myself from his lap.  Brody took care of the fire and we headed inside.

I paused outside the door to the room Savannah was in, but heard nothing but silence from inside.  Brody's hand on my back got me walking towards our room again.  I motioned him into the bathroom first, and I locked the door to our room.  No surprises in the middle of the night, thank you.  When he came out, I went in and took my time washing my face and brushing my teeth.  I didn't know why Savannah's sudden appearance had me so shaken.  I guess it had been so long since I'd seen her or heard from or about her that I had just let myself forget about her.

When I emerged, Brody was sitting on the end of the bed, shirtless.  I could tell from his eyes that his desire for me hadn't been extinguished by Savannah's surprise visit.  I walked over to him, resolving to try to forget about Savannah.  He kissed me but pulled away quickly.  "Baby, what's wrong?" he asked softly, tracing my jaw lightly with his fingertips.  He hardly ever called me "baby", or any other pet names besides "beautiful" and "gorgeous," and that was my preference.  But the way he said it just now, with so much concern, almost got me in the mood again.  Almost.

"Sorry," I said.  "I'm just completely weirded out by her coming here.  And it freaks me out that she drove up here that drunk."

"Don't apologize," he responded firmly.  He stood up and pulled back the blankets and climbed into bed.  "Come here."  I slid into bed next to him and he pulled me against him and curled around me, wrapping his arm around my waist.  I let myself relax and drift to sleep.

8 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!! Post early!!! Hahaha I can't wait! That would freak me out so bad..she's sketchy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH. Why doesn't Savannah just go away already!? Such a weirdo, she keeps forcing herself on people who don't like her. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again Josh is horrendous...why doesn't Olivia bring it up to Kelly?
    Also can't wait to see how Savannah justifies herself....what a piece of work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Savannah just need to go away. And Josh's behavior is totally out of line. I thought she was going to smack him. mum

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew she would be back!! What a psycho!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time to meet with HR about Josh. He is WAY out of line.

    Savannah is a complete surprise. I thought we were finished with her long ago - can't wait for the second half of the post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could it be possible that Savannah, Josh, and Cassie are somehow all connected? I still just love Liv and Brody so much - the way they respect each other and are figuring all of this...issues, their relationship, life, out. It relates so much to real life. I hope we can see another post with some deep conversations between the two of them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh...savannah...when will this bitch get the picture that no one likes her?! It was good of them to allow her to crash for the night but in the morning I think Liv should be the one to set this girl straight. Liv deserves to get to stand up to this bitch and tell her what's what.
    Also, if any of you are interested in reading about my real life dating blog you should check it out, comment, let me know how I'm doing or what I could improve on! It's my first attempt at a blog, so any tips and constructive criticism is welcome!
    Dating-and-commitment.blogspot.com

    Cheers!
    Charli

    ReplyDelete