Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Something Nice

I was nearly ready to shut down my computer and leave on Thursday when my phone rang.  I recognized the number and hurried out the back door of the office, answering right before it went to voicemail.  It was the agency I'd interviewed with, and they offered me the job!   It was all I could do to not shriek and say yes right away.  I made arrangements to go their office for the offer letter the next afternoon.

I hurried back in, shut down my computer, grabbed my stuff, and headed out.  As soon as I got in my car, I called Brody.

"Hey, gorgeous," he answered.

"They called!" I shrieked, not bothering with a greeting.  "I got the job!"

He laughed at my enthusiasm.  "That's great, congratulations.  I told you you didn't have anything to worry about."

"Are you sure you can't come over tonight?" I asked.  "We can celebrate."

"Sorry Liv, I wish I could, but if I get out of here before 10, it'll be a miracle.  Tell you what, I'll take you out tomorrow and we'll do some serious celebrating." 

"Okay, that'll work," I replied.  I was a little disappointed, but I had expected as much and I was way too excited about my new job to be too upset.  After we hung up, I called my parents, then Lauren, then Lynn.  I saved Lynn for last because I figured we'd talk the longest, and we did.  It was good to catch up with her, and I vowed to be a better friend and call her more often. 

I was so excited that it took me a long time to settle down and fall asleep.  I was glad I only had two clients on Friday.  I decided that I'd give my notice on Monday, and planned on the 23rd being my last day.  The new place wanted me to start January 5th, so I'd have almost 2 weeks off in between, which would be perfect for going home for Christmas and just relaxing a little here.

I got a text from Brody while I was on my way to my new job to sign my offer letter.  I looked at it after I parked out in front of the office.  It said: "I'll pick you up at 7.  Wear something nice."  I raised my eyebrows.

"Something nice, or something "nice" ;) ?" I responded.

"Hmm, is both an option?" he texted back.

"I think that can be arranged." I replied.  I could do a little celebrating myself by buying some new lingerie this afternoon.  Not a bad idea.

By the time 7 rolled around, I had a new lacy bra and panty set on under a new dress that was just low cut enough to show off the excellent push up effect of the bra.  I tried on several pairs of shoes, texting pictures to Lauren and Kinsley before I settled on a pair.

When I opened the door for Brody, he just stared.

"You're letting the warm air out," I said pointedly, gesturing him inside.  He stepped in and shut the door.

"I don't think I even want to take you out to dinner anymore," he said, his eyes traveling my body. 

"That's too bad, because I didn't get all dressed up just to take it off right away," I said with a smirk. 

"If you really want to leave it on, I'm sure we can figure something out," he replied, cocking an eyebrow suggestively.  I shook my head and laughed.  He handed me a bottle of Pol Roger Cuvée Winston Churchill.  I practically drooled on it.  "For later," he explained.  "Unless you want to reconsider not going to dinner..."

"I can wait," I said.

He took me back to the Greek restaurant we'd gone to on our first date, and it was just as amazing as the first time. We didn't linger long after we finished eating, and were soon back at my house, drinking the amazing champagne Brody had brought.  He let me get through one glass before he started kissing me.  I let him for a few minutes before pulling back.

"That expensive champagne really should be finished now, don't you think?" I asked coyly.  He collapsed backwards against the couch.  Torturing him was really quite fun.

I drank another glass, then let him lead me upstairs.  "So, do I get to see the rest of your outfit now?" Brody asked, his hands searching for the zipper to my dress.

I guided his hand to the zipper and kissed him as he pulled it carefully down and eased the dress off my shoulders.  I stepped out of it and kicked it to the side and stood in front of him in just my new bra and underwear.  "Well?" I asked.

"I can't decide if I want to stare at you longer or take it all off you," he said, his voice low.  He slid both hands onto my hips, running his fingertips lightly across my skin.

I grinned and stepped towards him, pushing my torso against his.   "I want you to take it all off me," I replied. 

We were laying on my bed, mostly naked, when Brody's phone rang.  He paused, his lips hovering just over my neck.  "Don't you dare answer that," I said, sliding my arm between us and wrapping my hand around him, stroking him lightly.

He groaned.  "Hadn't even crossed my mind," he lied.  Irritated, I didn't respond to his lips on my neck until his tongue dipped down to the hollow of my collarbone.  Then I relaxed with a sigh and forgot about his phone.

Afterwards, as we laid pressed against each other, it rang again.  "Sorry," he murmured against my cheek before rolling away to grab it.  He fished it out of the pile of discarded clothes and sat at the foot of the bed.  As he spoke, I got up and walked down to the foot of the bed.  I knelt in front of him and took him into my mouth. He stopped talking for a second, then cleared his throat and continued.  After whoever he was talking to replied, Brody said, "Yeah, okay, I'll take care of it tomorrow," and shortly after, he hung up.

He pushed his hand into my hair and tilted my head up.  I stopped and watched as he turned his phone off and tossed it back onto the pile of clothes.  "Now, where were you?" he asked huskily.

"Oh, sorry," I responded.  I stood up and stretched.  "That was merely an attention grabbing tactic.  It worked."  I stood between his legs, close enough for him to feel the heat from my body, but not quite touching him.

"Oh really?" he asked. "Well, one way or another, we'll finish what you started, you evil temptress."  He grabbed me around the waist and laid back, pulling me with him.  He rolled over on top of me and kissed me roughly. 

After round 2, I pushed my hair out of my face and rolled onto my back.  Brody was laying on his stomach next to me, watching me.  "Are you mad?" he asked.

"No," I answered honestly.  "I'm kind of getting used to your phone being your mistress, I guess."

He rolled onto his side and moved closer to me, sliding his hand across my stomach. "It won't always be like this," he promised.  I nodded and shifted so my back was against his chest.  He ran his hand down my arm before wrapping it around my waist.  "Thank you for being patient," he said.  "I love you."

"I love you too, but I'm counting on it not always being like this."

"I know," he said, resting his chin on my shoulder.  We fell asleep like that.


"I was thinking," Brody said the next morning over breakfast.  "I haven't been skiing yet this year, which is ridiculous, because I normally like to go opening weekend before it gets too crowded.  And you said you wanted to learn.  And we could use another weekend where we're not interrupted by work.  So let's go to Breckenridge next weekend."

"Next weekend?" I asked.

"Yeah, since you only work half days on Friday, I'll take the day off and we can leave when you're done with work.  It's not that far, so we'll have a little time on Friday, all day Saturday, and some time Sunday before we have to leave."

"No work?" I asked skeptically.

"No work, I promise," he assured me.  

"I could try to reschedule my two clients on Friday for earlier in the week and we could just leave in the morning," I offered.

"That works too!" Brody said, sounding excited.  "Should I see if I can find a room?"  I nodded.  He pulled out his phone and searched for awhile, then reported that he found one and booked it.

"Alright then, I guess we're going to Breckenridge next weekend," I said. 

4 comments:

  1. Go Liv!! Glad she's moving on to another job :) I'm also glad she let's Brody know that she will accept his work schedule as long as it doesn't last forever. I feel like this is the only couple in the blogosphere that has healthy communication haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have their moments but I think they're both trying hard at least!

      Delete
    2. Totally true! I love reading a blog that has a healthy relationship in it!! Thank you! And thank you for all the bonuses! Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. I think Liv needs to back off a bit on the phone thing. I get it that it's frustrating but he is trying and she can't get irritated or throw shots whenever his phone rings
    Really good post though I can't wait to see how things go tomorrow!!! :)
    And I agree - favourite couple in the blog world!

    ReplyDelete