Tuesday, September 1, 2015

A Relaxing Weekend

This post is short, and I apologize for that.  It's been one of those weeks, and I'd rather put up a short post that I like than a long crappy post I slapped together just to have something.  I'm sure there will be a bonus at some point in the next couple weeks to make up for it!  
___________________________________________

Apparently one day of sleeping in was enough for Brody.  I woke up early to him cuddling up to me, nuzzling his face against my neck.  I groaned and rolled away from him.  "Too early," I grumbled.

He stayed in bed, rubbing my back until I fell back asleep.  When I woke up again I was much more ready to be awake, which was good because Brody was bringing in breakfast.  I yawned and rolled onto my back, watching him come in.  "If we're going to hike today, you should probably get up," Brody said, laughing a little as I yawned.

"I feel like you're not going to give me much choice," I replied, struggling into a sitting position.  "You even brought food to tempt me."

"I knew that was the one way to get you up for sure," he said, grinning.

I yawned again and stretched while I eyed up breakfast.  Brody had made French toast, eggs, and sausage, and it did look delicious.  "Are you at least going to let me take a nap later?" I asked, grabbing a fork.

"I'll take a nap with you later," he promised.  Satisfied, I started on my breakfast.  After we finished eating, I cleaned up and we got ready to go hiking.  We had decided to drive to a different area than we had hiked before while staying at the cabin.

We packed a lunch and spent the entire morning and a good chunk of the afternoon hiking.  By the time we got back, we were tired but it was a little late for a nap.  It didn't stop me from showering and then immediately flopping face down in bed after I dried off.  Brody laughed when he came in to shower.  "Tired?" he asked.

"Uh huh," I replied, nodding.  We had ended up hiking just shy of 9 miles and my calves and back and feet were angry.  It had been an amazing hike though, and I aside from being a little sore and tired, I felt great.

I heard the shower start, and I started to doze off.  I loved weekends when you didn't have to do anything and a 5pm nap was a perfectly acceptable thing.   I woke up when Brody came and sat on the bed next to me.  I closed my eyes again when he started massaging my back.  When he was finished with my back, he pushed the blanket off me and started working on my legs, taking a long time gently kneading my sore calves.

When he finished both calves, he worked his way back up until his hand was stroking between my thighs.  "Do I have to pay extra for this?" I asked, arching my back and moving my legs apart a little.

He laughed.  "I think we can work something out," he replied.  He leaned down and kissed my shoulder, moving his mouth down my back.  I groaned as he kissed along my spine and pushed first one, then two fingers inside me.  His mouth moved back up towards my neck, and I gasped and came when he nipped sharply at the soft skin where my neck and shoulder meet.  He slid both hands up my back as I recovered.

I rolled over and shifted so I could take him into my mouth.  I went down on him until he somehow gathered the self control to stop me.  He rolled me back over onto my stomach and pushed into me hard from behind.  I moaned into the pillow as his hips pushed mine against the bed.  Neither of us made it much longer.  Brody slid his lips along my spine one more time before he rolled off of me, causing me to shiver.

"Now I'm ready for a nap," Brody said, yawning and adjusting his pillow.

"Mmmm," I agreed wordlessly.

I did doze off for a little while, but woke up not too long after, restless.  Brody was fast asleep and didn't move when I got up and pulled on a pair of leggings and a sweatshirt.  I went into the kitchen and started prepping things for dinner.  Brody didn't emerge from the bedroom until I was putting some plates on the table and opening a bottle of wine.  "I thought I was going to have to wake you up this time," I teased him.  His hair was a complete disaster from still being damp when he fell asleep, and he looked groggy.

"I hate napping," he grumbled.  "I feel all disoriented and sleepy still."

"Hmmm, maybe you should stay away from the wine then," I said, smirking at him.

"I'm going to need it to get back to sleep tonight," he replied, yawning and sitting down at the table.

"Hungry?" I asked.  He nodded, then yawned again.  I tried not to laugh at him, but he was awfully cute when he was sleepy.  He woke up as he ate though, and I didn't argue when he insisted on cleaning up.  We made a fire again, but we put it out and headed back to bed fairly early.

On Sunday, we both slept in again and spent the morning and early afternoon doing very little before packing up and heading back mid-afternoon.  Unfortunately, Brody came back to a crisis at work, and spent the evening holed up in his office on the phone.

He didn't emerge until well after dinner time, and when he did, he looked angry.  "So much for our nice, relaxing weekend," he said unhappily.  "I have to go to Chicago tomorrow."

I frowned.  "Is it the same issue as before?"

"It's related," he replied.  "I thought I did a pretty good job minimizing the damage but apparently it wasn't enough."  I was used to him talking fairly vaguely about most of the issues at work--he was contractually obligated to keep his mouth shut about who he worked with and what was going on.

"That sucks," I responded sympathetically.  "On the bright side, I'm suddenly happy that Ken is staying with us."

Brody managed a weak smile at that.  "That's right, we talked about getting you a dog, didn't we?"  The last time Brody was traveling, I had been a little weirded out being in the big house by myself, especially at night.  I hadn't slept well and it had been a little lonely at night.

"We did," I confirmed.  Brody had suggested it when I'd told him I didn't love being here by myself, but neither of us had really brought it up again.  "And I would love to get a dog.  It doesn't seem like a good time now, though, with the wedding and honeymoon coming up.  I'd hate to get a dog and then have to leave it for two weeks just when it was starting to adjust."

"That's true," Brody agreed.  "Well, we should still talk about it when I get back, because I would probably feel better about you being here alone if we had a dog."

"Of course you would," I said, laughing.  "You would probably feel better if you hired a live-in bodyguard for me too."

"Well, that seems extreme, even for me," Brody replied, finally cracking a real smile.  "I'm good with a dog."

"Like a chihuahua?" I asked.

"Sure, if you're worried about being attacked by a bug, I think a chihuahua would be perfect!" He raised an eyebrow at me and attempted to look serious.

"Don't worry, I want a big dog," I assured him.  I was about to say more, but the door opened and Ken walked in.

"Oh, hey," he greeted us.  He grinned.  "I was just starting to get used to having the place to myself."

"Well, only half of us will be here for any appreciable length of time," Brody replied.  He informed Ken he'd be gone for at least a couple days.  "No wild parties while I'm gone, do you kids understand?"

Ken smirked and winked at me.  "Hear that, Olivia?  You'd better keep it manageable this time."

I was pleasantly surprised by this friendly interaction, and I happily bantered back.  We all sat in the kitchen for a little while longer before Brody and I went upstairs to bed.  He had to be at the airport early.  I was disappointed that our weekend had ended on a low note, but at least we'd gotten in a solid two days of relaxation.

4 comments:

  1. When even your "short" posts make me smile it proves how well you write! This is by far my all time favorite blog! Thanks for always writing and please don't stop for a long long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a big deal, but I thought the rest of the gang were going to the cabin, or is that camping another weekend? mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing at first! lol! But I believe their group camping trip is supposed to be over Labor Day weekend; so this coming weekend.

      Delete
    2. You are correct. The camping trip is separate and coming up. The story is a bit behind real time so we've got a couple weeks before we get to Labor Day for them.

      Delete