Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Rooftop Terrace

"Where's my passport?" Brody called from downstairs.

I shot a dirty look in the direction of the stairs, even though he couldn't see me.  "Are you serious?" I yelled back.  It was Monday morning, and we needed to leave for the airport in 15 minutes.  Brody had insisted on packing this morning, much to my irritation.

"I can't remember what I did with it after I pulled it out to prove to you that I knew where it was," his voice came back.  I heard his footsteps on the stairs.

"Well it's certainly not in here--" I started, turning to see him in the doorway, grinning and holding his passport.  "I might kill you.  One of these days, I really might," I warned him.

"Lighten up, gorgeous," he replied.  "Is this ready to go?"  He motioned at my suitcase.

"It's been ready since last night," I responded sassily.  He cocked an eyebrow at me, the only sign he was starting to get annoyed with my attitude.  "I'm sorry," I apologized contritely.  "You know I hate this part of traveling."

"I know," he said with a smirk.  "That's why I love to fuck with you.  What else needs to go downstairs?"

I nodded towards my carry on, then said, "You know what they say about playing with fire."

He walked over to grab my bag, bent to kiss me on the cheek, then made an exaggerated show of checking me out.  "It's hot?"  I rolled my eyes and smacked his arm lightly.

"Almost ready, or do you have a few more lines to get through before we leave?" I asked, finally loosening up and catching some of his infectious good mood.

"I think there will be plenty of lines at the airport," he replied.  "Both the kind you love to stand in endlessly and the kind I love to annoy you with."

"Oh good, my two favorite things."  He laughed and took my shoulder bag, which I was using as a carry-on, and slung it over his shoulder before grabbing both our suitcases.  "I can take something," I protested.

"I've got something I'll want you to take later, so I've got these for now."

"Oh Jesus," I muttered, but I couldn't help laughing.  I don't know if I'd ever seen Brody in a mood this good.  Aside from a cheesy line here and a sarcastic comeback there, he was usually pretty serious.  But here he was, flirting with me and making dirty jokes and terrible puns.  "What's gotten into you?" I asked, still laughing.  He turned and smirked at me and I quickly said, "Never mind, please don't answer that."

His smirk turned into a genuine smile and he turned back to watch what he was doing and said, "I'm just really excited about taking a vacation, and having uninterrupted time with you," he said.  "I haven't taken an actual vacation since...well, since I was in college, I guess.  And I'm not sure that spring break qualifies."

"I definitely don't want to hear about your spring break shenanigans," I replied hastily.  "I'm sure my imagination can fill in those blanks."

"I don't think your imagination can conceive of half the trouble we got into," Brody responded, shaking his head.

"Uh oh," I teased, "Should I have double checked to see if you were banned from any of the places I was looking at before I booked something?"

"I'm sure the staff will have turned over enough that no one will recognize me anymore," he joked back.  "And if they do, me coming in with just one woman will be enough to make them question themselves."

I snorted.  "You're lucky I'm not insecure about your past."

By this point we were at the door to the garage.  He set down the suitcases and turned.  "I am," he said seriously.  He wrapped an arm around my waist and kissed me.  "This trip is long overdue," he said when we separated.

"Then let's go!" I said.  We got our bags into the back of my CR-V and I tossed the keys to Brody.  He preferred to drive, and I preferred not to, so it worked out well.

Once we were on our way, I said, "I suppose I should eventually tell you where we're going, huh?"

"It doesn't even matter," he replied.  "You could tell me you booked us a week long camping trip in the Upper Peninsula, and I'd still be happy."

I gasped in mock surprise.  "How did you know?"  I teased him a little longer before filling him in.  "It was a tough choice," I lamented after telling him we were going to a resort near Cancun.  "There are so many cool places to go.  But since we wanted a relaxing trip, I figured we could do an adventurous trip another time."

"Good choice," he replied.  "There are a lot of trips I'd like to take someday, but I don't want to feel like we wasted our trip if we decide to spend the entire week laying by the pool."

"And spending an entire week laying by the pool sounds really amazing right now," I agreed.  "Oh, and I was able to fulfill your request of a direct, first-class flight."

"That's all that matters," he said with a grin.

He stayed in his ridiculously good mood the whole morning.  I couldn't even be annoyed like I usually was at the security line because he was too happy.  He didn't even blink when we found out our flight was delayed.  We only had to wait an extra 45 minutes, which was good.

He checked his email one last time while we sat on the plane waiting to board, and then he turned his phone off.  "Can I put this in your bag?" he asked.  "I won't need it for a week."  I had questioned whether he'd really be able to unplug from work for a week, but he didn't seem the slightest bit worried.  I knew he'd put Pete in charge and he'd just emailed Pete and Neil the phone number for our resort, so if there was a true emergency, they'd be able to reach him.

"I'm a little worried that when you don't have anything to distract you, you'll realize I'm actually kind of boring," I joked.

"No way," he replied.  "I have a low tolerance for boring, I'd have realized it a long time ago."

We settled in for our four hour flight.  Flights are so much more pleasant when you're sitting in first class.  Brody watched a movie on his iPad while I read, getting completely sucked into my book.  After Brody's movie ended, he started talking to me, interrupting my reading every few minutes until I put my Kindle away.  "How can you just sit and read for hours?" he asked me.  "I mean, I like a good book, but not for hours."

I shrugged.  "I can't sit and watch movies for hours, but you can do that.  I just get sucked in.  It doesn't feel like hours.  I have about 5 books I'd love to get through on this trip."

"What am I supposed to do while you read?" he asked, pretending to pout.  "I'll just have to distract you."

"You're good at that," I replied.  We chatted for the rest of the flight.  Brody's enthusiasm and good mood were contagious and I was eager to get off the plane by the time we landed.  Unfortunately, the customs line was long.  We waited for over an hour before we got through.  Then we waited another 45 minutes for the shuttle to our resort.  It took another 45 minutes to get out of Cancun and then navigate the rutted, sketchy dirt roads that went from resort to resort.

I was feeling slightly motion sick by the time we finally made it to the resort.  I was also tired, in great need of a shower, and absolutely starving.  It was nearly 6pm already.  Travel days are the worst part of a trip.  Luckily, the cold drink and cool towel that they handed us as we walked into the blissfully air conditioned lobby perked me up enough to get through the check in process.

By the time we got checked in and to our room, it was about 6:30.  "Want to explore?" Brody asked, wandering around the room.

"I need to eat," I replied.  "So if our exploration takes us to food, I will gladly explore. I also need to shower."

"Let's do this," he suggested.  "Let's order room service.  You can shower while we wait.  If we feel like exploring after we eat, we can."

"Good call," I responded.  We found a room service menu and Brody called to order our selections.  I paused to admire the vase of fresh flowers on the table, then continued into the bathroom area.  There was a large, separate shower with a glass surround that was visible from the bedroom.  I had a feeling I wouldn't be taking many showers alone this week.

As I was stepping into the shower, Brody called, "Where do these stairs go?"

"Probably up to the rooftop terrace," I called back.  This was one of the best room options in the hotel: a top floor suite with a private rooftop terrace in addition to the balcony.

"Rooftop terrace? This room is awesome."  His voice got softer as he (I assumed) went up the stairs.  I laughed to myself as I stuck my head under the shower's spray.  We needed to go on trips more often.  He was like a kid in a candy shop.

After I got out of the shower and dried off, I pulled on a pair of shorts and a tank top and took a look around the suite.  It was big, with a fridge full of soda, bottled water, and alcohol, a bedroom with a king size bed, a separate living room with a couch, two chairs, and a table and chairs, a balcony, and the stairs up to the rooftop terrace.  I stuck my head out onto the balcony and saw a jacuzzi tub and two chairs.  Brody was nowhere to be found, so I assumed he was still up on the terrace.  I climbed the stairs to check it out.

Once I got up there, I understood why he was still up there.  There was a large, comfortable looking lounge bed (it definitely wasn't a chair) big enough for two people, a small table, a hammock, and a small plunge pool.  It also had a killer ocean view.  Brody was laying in the hammock, looking as relaxed as can be.  "We could stay in this room the entire time we're here and I think I'd be okay with that," he said.  He motioned for me to join him.

"Our food will probably be here soon," I said.

"Just for a couple minutes," he requested.  "Then we'll go back downstairs and wait for our food.  It's only been about 15 minutes since I called."  I opened my mouth to protest but then gave myself a little internal kick.  We were on vacation, I needed to put a stop to my tendency to want to rush everything.  Instead, I walked over to the hammock and Brody shifted and put a foot down to balance it while I climbed in and got settled next to him.

We laid there silently for several minutes, listening to the ocean.  We had only been here for an hour and I was already the most relaxed I'd been in months.  In fact, I was starting to drift to sleep when Brody said, "Okay, we probably should go down and wait for our food now." I groaned, not wanting to move.  Brody chuckled.  "10 minutes ago you were silently cursing me out for daring to suggest you come lay with me, and now you don't even want to do what you had originally wanted to do."

He got carefully out of the hammock and held out a hand to help me extricate myself.  "I wasn't silently cursing you out," I protested.  He cocked an eyebrow at me skeptically.  "I wasn't!  Just silently grumbling at you.  But then I realized I was being ridiculous.  And then I laid in this hammock.  Maybe I'll sleep up here."

I followed him down the stairs, and not even 5 minutes later, someone knocked on our door to deliver our food.  They delivered with it a chilled bottle of sparkling wine, explaining that it was complimentary with our stay.  We took our food and the sparkling wine back up to our rooftop terrace and sat at the table.  We ate our meal slowly, taking time to enjoy the view of the sparkling ocean.  When we were finished, Brody said he was going to take a quick shower.  I walked down into the room with him, grabbed my Kindle, and went back up to the terrace.  This was definitely a good room choice.

I decided to try the lounge bed next to the tiny pool, and found it just as comfortable (plus easier to navigate) as the hammock.  I read for a few minutes before I decided I was content just laying in the sun and set my Kindle aside.

Brody reappeared about 15 minutes later, wearing only a pair of basketball shorts.  He stretched out next to me and sighed.  "This is comfortable too.  Sleeping out here might not be a terrible idea," he joked.  He rolled onto his side and slid his hand across my hips.  He pulled me closer to him and pressed his face against my hair.  "Thanks for planning this," he said, his voice muffled.  His breath tickled my ear and my neck.

"You're welcome," I replied.  "Thanks for paying for it.  I think it was way overdue for both of us."

Instead of responding, he moved my hair away from my neck and pressed his lips against my skin.  I sighed and tilted my head, giving him better access.  He moved his lips slowly from the middle of my neck down to my shoulder, then back up to my ear.  "My favorite thing about this place is our nice, private terrace," he said softly, as his fingers trailed up and down my leg.

"I'm sure there are more terraces on the other side of each of those walls," I teased him.  His hand continued upward, sliding beneath my shirt.  I sucked in a sharp breath as his fingers danced across the outside of my bra.

"Then I guess you'd better keep it quiet, because I've always wanted to have sex outside in broad daylight."

I leaned slightly away from him and raised my eyebrows.  "I actually find it hard to believe that you never have," I said.

He laughed and rolled over, landing on top of me.  Pinning my wrists above my head with one hand, he smirked at me.  "I feel slightly insulted by that," he said.

"You should," I replied, returning his smirk.  I freed one leg from where they were trapped between his knees and wrapped it around his back, pulling him closer to me.  He took the hint and leaned down, pressing his lips to mine.  He also let go of my hands, and I immediately ran them over his chest and shoulders, and down his back.  I pulled his hips against mine and he groaned into our kiss.  "Shhhh," I rebuked him, pulling away.  "You'd better keep it quiet, because I've always wanted to have sex outside in broad daylight."

He laughed and kissed me again, hard, while he worked at my shorts with one hand.  I helped him out by unbuttoning and unzipping them, then lifting my hips so he could tug them down.  He pulled them down to my calves and left them there, then pinned my legs between his.  This very effectively immobilized my legs, leaving me unable to do anything but lay there as his fingers teased me.  He brought me to the brink of orgasm then stopped abruptly to pull off his shorts.  I kicked mine away at the same time.

Brody pressed his thumb against at the same time he thrust into me, and I almost immediately dissolved into a trembling mess.  I pressed my face into his arm to keep from crying out, conscious of the fact that we were indeed outside in broad daylight, on a rooftop terrace of a crowded resort.  He stayed still inside me until my legs stopped shaking around his hips, then began moving slowly.  I lifted my chin and our lips met.  As the frenetic energy of our kiss increased, he increased his pace to match.  It wasn't long before I came again, a little less quietly, and he followed soon after.

"Not what I figured we'd use the rooftop terrace for," I said, after I had caught my breath.

"No?  What did you think we'd use for it?" Brody asked.  He had his head on my shoulder and his fingers were lightly tracing my collarbone, raising goosebumps in their wake.

"Napping in the hammock?  Escaping the crowded pool?  Reading?"  Brody snorted.  I shook my head and continued.  "This was far better than any of those things."

"I don't know," Brody replied.  "I could go for a nap in the hammock now."

I groaned and stretched.  "If I get back in the hammock, I might not leave it."

"You don't have to," he pointed out.  "We're on vacation."





10 comments:

  1. Yay! Great post, & I'm SO happy nothing crazy happened to postpone their vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Literally my favorite fictional couple ! Lol. Have to remind myself that they are real people ! But emotions get the best of me !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm wondering what it meant when they were leaving and Brody took all of the bags, saying he had something he would want Liv to carry later...did I miss it if he ever gave her that something, or was it foreshadowing for a possible ring? I love the interaction between the two of them, and you can tell me how much they care about one another. Can't wait to read more about their vacation...I hope there are some more conversations about their future : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he was making a dirty joke... lol

      Delete
  4. ^^^ I keep wondering if he is going to propose as well! Although, he may not because he knows how she reacted about the whole moving-in situation, so he might be worried she would freak out. haha To me, those are similar life steps, so I could see her freaking out TBH, at least initially. :)

    Their room sounds a lot like the room my now-husband and I had when we were on our honeymoon a few weeks ago :D Lots o' fun indeed.... hahaha! Love your blog! Can't wait to see what happens!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Umm maybe I'm reading this wrong but the "thing" he wanted to give her seemed like his dick to me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad someone else got this.

      Delete
    2. I understood in that context he meant "something else" as in his dick lol I just meant that he seems to be ready to wife her up in general lol

      Delete
  6. I don't think he will propose yet. They JUST moved in together and that took her a long time to agree to do. I think he will wait awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, sorry to disappoint, it was definitely a penis joke!

    ReplyDelete