Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Lauren: Sexting is a Thing

I'm just feeling all sorts of bonus-y this week, apparently!
_________________________________

I'm sitting at work, practically dying of boredom.  I hate the days I'm stuck at my desk in my little cube.  I much prefer the days I'm testing equipment and out in the field fixing things.  I'm a structural engineer by trade, and I work for a company that makes and sells medical devices.  It's a lot more exciting if you're actually an engineering nerd, I promise.

Today, it's only 9:30 and I'm already fried for the day.  I can't look at numbers and dimensions and computerized models anymore.  I want to go home.  I text Alex, whining about my lack of exciting things to do.  He doesn't text me back, and it irritates me more than it should, mostly just because I'm desperate for some entertainment.

As if he heard my thoughts, Logan pops his head into my cube.  "Want some coffee, pretty lady?" he asks.

Gross. I'm not that desperate for entertainment.  Coffee does sound amazing, though.  I have a brief mental battle before I roll my eyes and say, "Thanks, but no thanks.  I have a ton of work to do."

"I'll pick it up.  I'll even pay," he offers, sweetening the deal.  I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted, but I knew I had to stick to my guns and not do anything to encourage Logan's flirting.  I've been seriously committed to blowing him off ever since Alex and I had that awful fight.  Things have been so much better, and I'm not interested in fucking it up.

"That's a nice offer, but I'm okay.  Thanks, though," I say.  I turn back to my computer, signaling to him that he should leave.  He lingers for several seconds, then shrugs and walks away.  I sigh in relief.  Once I'm pretty sure he's gone, I get up and walk to the break room.  I sort through the K cups that are sitting in the drawer and stick one in the Keurig.  It's not quite an amazing latte from the great place down the block, but it's better than instant coffee, at least.

I walk back to my desk and sigh.  I don't have any more reasons to not get some work done.  I pull up our computer program and get to work.

I end up getting sucked into the project I'm working on and am startled when my phone rings.  It's our receptionist, and she says, "There's someone named Alex here to see you."

"I'll be right up," I tell her.  I'm confused.  Why is Alex here?  He grins at me when I make it up to the lobby.  "What are you doing here?" I blurt.

He laughs.  "I came to take you out to lunch."

"Why?"

"You were complaining about being bored.  So I thought we could have lunch."  He shrugs, not looking even a little put off by my less-than-ideal response.

"I would love to.  Um, I'm right in the middle of something though," I say, fidgeting. "I didn't know you were coming, or I wouldn't have gotten into it..."  I haven't even realized that it's lunch time.

"Relax, Laur," he replies.  "I can wait if you need to finish something up.  You know my time is flexible."  It's true.  His work day is super flexible (within reason, of course).  He can start anytime between 7:30 and 9, take lunch anytime, and leave anytime after 3:30, as long as he gets 8 hours in.  He usually ends up working through his lunch so he can leave early, but he can take as much time as he wants, as long as he stays long enough in the afternoon.

"Well, I won't be able to finish it now anyway.  Let me go make sure I saved what I was working on, and we can go."  I hurry back to my cube, save my work, and close the program.  I glance quickly at emails, respond to one, and then close that too.  Then I hurry back out to the lobby.

"Ready?" Alex asks.  I nod and we head out the door.  Once we're outside he takes a second to wrap his arm around my shoulders and kiss me on the cheek.  I shift closer to him so he'll keep his arm around me.  "Plotting how you're going to kill me in my sleep?" he asks.

"Oh no," I reply.  "For disrupting my routine in the middle of a workday, I will absolutely do worse than that to you."

Alex laughs.  "Good, I can't wait."

"Seriously though, it was a nice surprise," I admit.  I stop outside a small restaurant that only serves breakfast, lunch, and really amazing coffee.  "This place is good."

"Works for me," Alex agrees easily.  We walk inside and seat ourselves at a small table near the windows.  "Boring day, huh?" he asks once we're settled.

"I've been staring at my computer all day," I complain.

"Sounds awful," he replies, smirking.  Alex always stares at his computer all day.

"You like staring at your computer," I protest.  "I think I just need a vacation."

Our waitress appears with menus and takes our drink order.  After we decide what we want and place our lunch orders, Alex looks at me thoughtfully.  "What are you thinking for Thanksgiving?" he asks.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, are we figuring something out together?  Are you going home?  What are your plans?"

I blink in surprise.  I honestly haven't even really though about Thanksgiving, but I guess it's only a month away.  "I guess I don't really know," I say.  "I don't think I'll go home, though.  Do you have something in mind?"

"Well, my parents invited us both down to their new place for Thanksgiving.  We could make a vacation out of it, if you wanted."  Alex's parents had just moved to Savannah, Georgia for his dad's job.

I frown.  Alex's parents are nice, but I'm always super uncomfortable around them.  They're the definition of suburban perfection and I just don't feel like I fit in with them very well.  They always seem confused by the idea of someone growing up with a single parent and it never fails to make things really awkward.

Reading my expression, Alex says, "I thought we could get a hotel room, at least for part of the trip.  My parents might think it's weird if we don't stay with them for a little bit at least.  We could go down the weekend before, get a hotel room, and not even tell them we're there.  Then we could stay with them Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday nights, and come back on Saturday."

"They'll know," I say.  "Or if they find out, they'll be upset."

Alex shrugs.  "Then I'll tell them, but I'll tell them we're spending the first half of the trip by ourselves.  They'll understand."  They won't, but they're his parents.

"Well, if you don't think they'll be upset, that actually sounds like fun," I agree.  And it does.  Savannah was never a place I had wanted to go to until Alex's parents moved there and I started doing a little research.  It looks like a really amazing city.

"I'll even let you pick out the hotel," Alex says, grinning at me.

I roll my eyes and reply, "You sure do know how to turn a girl on."

I'm disappointed when we're done eating and it's time to go back to work.  It's been a nice break and definitely a nice surprise (which is not typically a thing I enjoy).  As we're walking back towards my office, I groan inwardly when I see Logan heading in our direction.  The last time we ran into him, Alex had acted like a complete asshole about it.

"Out to lunch with the boyfriend and you didn't invite me?" Logan asks once we're near enough.

"Hmm, I must have forgotten to tell my secretary to fill you in on my social calendar," I reply sarcastically.  "Super sorry about that."

Logan turns to Alex and grins.  "Good to see you, man," he says to him, holding out his hand.  To my surprise, Alex returns his greeting.

"I've got to get back," I say.  "Have a good lunch."  Then without waiting for him to reply, I start walking.

Alex doesn't miss a beat, staying in step next to me.  "I can't stand that cocky motherfucker," he mutters.

"I couldn't tell," I reply, raising my eyebrows.  "Looked like you guys were about ready to start a bromance."

Alex shrugs.  "Last time I was a dick.  I learned my lesson.  I can be an adult and be polite for 30 seconds."

"I appreciate that," I tell him.  By now, we're outside my office and I break my no-PDA rule and loop my arms around his neck.   "Thanks for coming to surprise me, and thanks for lunch," I say.  "It was really nice to see you and get out of the office for a little while."  I knew he'd have to stay much later than he usually did at work in order to make this happen, which made me appreciate it even more.

"I really liked it too," Alex agrees.  "We should do this regularly."

"Or irregularly but more often," I say, smirking.

Alex laughs at that.  "What?  You mean with no routine to it?  Who are you?"

"Shut up or you'll make me change my mind," I reply.  Alex grins and kisses me, then we reluctantly say goodbye.  Neither of us is in a hurry to get back to work, but my day isn't as flexible as Alex's and I'm cutting it dangerously close as it is.

I do feel refreshed when I sit back down at my desk, and I quickly get back to work on the project I was in the middle of when Alex came.  Once I finish it, though, I realize I have over an hour left in my workday and literally nothing to do.  I glance around and realize the office is pretty empty today.  I've got a pretty good cube set up (if there's such a thing), and I'm in the back corner, with a wall at my back and my left side.  That means that on days like this, I can easily dick around on the internet without my boss strolling up behind me and catching me on Facebook.

I open up Chrome and start browsing hotels in Savannah.  I'm on my third one when my phone vibrates on my desk.  I grab it and see a text from Alex.  "Forgot to ask at lunch.  Can I see you tonight too?"  It always surprises people that we don't just automatically spend every waking second outside of work together.  I need more "me time" than Alex does, but we're both really respectful of that for each other.  I think it's part of the reason we haven't yet driven each other insane.  We both like to spend time with our friends without the other person, and I need a solid amount of time completely by myself to function happily.

I look at my phone and start to reply, and then I get an idea.  I reply, "Yes!  Any particular part of me you'd like to see?"  I hit send before I can change my mind.  I see Alex's text bubble appear, then disappear, then it appears again, and just sits there for awhile.  I hope it's because he's surprised by my incredibly out of character response, and not because he's totally turned off by my fairly safe first ever sexting attempt.

Finally, his response appears.  "I'd love to see all of you, and I can think of a couple parts of you that I'd like to pay special attention to.  (We are sexting right?  I didn't totally misinterpret that?)"

I snort at his response, but don't blame him for being confused.  I quickly type out my response.  "Yes, we're sexting, you idiot.  Don't ruin it.  Now, what kind of special attention did you have in mind?"

We continue back and forth for the rest of the work day.  I feel really dumb and uncomfortable at first, but I loosen up as I get used to it.  I'm impressed by some of the completely filthy things that Alex has the balls to text to me, too. Somewhere in there we establish that I'm going to Alex's house after work.

I stop home after work to grab clothes and makeup for tomorrow.  Alex has offered to let me keep a few things there if I want, but what if I don't feel like wearing any of the things I have there?  Or what if I want to wear one of those things on a morning that I'm at home?  I also jump in the shower quickly, taking care not to mess up my hair or makeup.

Alex doesn't answer the door right away when I ring the doorbell, so I try the knob.  It's open, so I push the door open and step inside.  He's coming down the stairs with just a pair of athletic shorts on, hair wet and messy from a shower that he must have just gotten out of.  See, that's another nice thing about not spending every day together.  We still put in a little effort for each other, even for just a night in.  We haven't gotten lazy yet.

As he walks down the stairs, it's clear my tight, lacy tank top under my cardigan hasn't gone unnoticed.  His eyes drift next to my leggings-clad legs and a slow smile spreads on his face.  "Leggings on a gorgeous woman are a gift from the gods," he says, smirking and cocking an eyebrow at me.

"Shut up and do something more productive with your mouth," I demand, taking a step towards him.  I wrap my hand around the back of his neck and pull him forward to meet my hungry kiss.  The hour and a half of sexting this afternoon has me desperate for his touch.  He takes my direction well and kisses me back eagerly while his hands travel through my hair, over my neck, and down my back, stopping at my ass, which he squeezes as he pulls my hips tight against his.

Alex lets go long enough to slide my cardigan off my shoulders and tug it away from me, tossing it onto the floor.  That's the only piece of clothing that actually makes it all the way off, though.  Within 2 minutes, Alex has me facing the wall, my leggings around my calves, and is pushing into me.  I turn my head to the side and rest my cheek against the wall as he thrusts into me, bracing himself with one palm flat against the wall.  I move my head until I can reach his wrist with my mouth, and I suck and kiss from the base of his thumb to the inside of his wrist, focusing my attention there when he groans and his hand tightens on my hip.

Alex moves the hand on my hip, leaving me to brace myself against the wall as he wraps his arm around me and his hand moves between my legs, stroking me in time with his hard thrusts.  It takes less than 30 more seconds for me to come, and Alex keeps his fingers pressed against me, moving his other arm to wrap around my waist and keep me upright on my trembling legs.  He doesn't stop or slow down as I ride out my orgasm, waiting until his arms around me are absolutely the only thing keeping me on feet before he pauses, deep inside me.  I feel him lean forward and then his lips are on the back of my neck, working their way from my hairline down to my shoulder.  I shudder and whimper in pleasure when he starts moving again, slowly this time.

My legs are working again, and I readjust and push my hips back to meet him.  His hand between my legs starts moving again, his fingers making slow, lazy circles.  His other hand leaves my waist when he sees I'm steady and travels up under my shirt and my bra, finding my nipple and toying with it.  I can feel a second orgasm building, more slowly than the first.  Keeping one hand on the wall to brace myself, I move my other hand up behind my head, finding Alex and twisting my fingers tightly into his hair.  He groans and drop his head forward, letting me get a better grip, and I tug and hold the handful of hair tightly in my fist.  His fingers on both hards start working faster and he leans forward, pressing his chest against my back.  Right before I go over the edge again, I hear his breath hitch and feel his stomach muscles tighten, and we both end up on our knees on the floor.

I don't know who lost it first, but it doesn't matter.  Alex's forehead is pressed against my shoulder and we're both breathing hard and still trembling with the aftershocks of our orgasms.  Once my brain works again, I slump back against Alex and say, "What the actual fuck just happened?  Jesus."

"I don't know," he replies, "but I want it to happen again.  Not now.  Maybe next week."

"So, sexting is a thing."

"A good thing," Alex agrees.  "A thing we should do again."

"I think I need to go to bed now," I say.  I'm still slightly dazed from the best sex I've ever had.

"We'll have to get off the floor first," he points out.

"Mmmm, I guess I'm good here for a little longer," I reply.  I don't think my legs work yet.

Alex chuckles and carefully untangles himself, then stands.  He holds his hands out to me and I let him pull me onto my feet, which is easier said than done with my leggings still tangled around my ankles.

Once we get ourselves straightened out, Alex declares that he's hungry.  I realize that I am too, and my functioning is slowly coming back to me.  We end up in the kitchen, cooking dinner together.  Normally, this is not a thing we do, because (and this should surprise no one) I'm very particular about the little bit of cooking that I do, and I have a hard time letting go and letting other people do things their way.  But I'm in such a great mood from the amazing sex we just had, plus seeing Alex at lunch and starting to plan a little vacation, that we work together perfectly.

After we eat, we clean up together and then curl up on the couch together.  I burrow under Alex's arm and lean into his side.  "Okay, now you're kind of freaking me out," he says.  "You enjoyed a surprise appearance in the middle of your workday, agreed to spend Thanksgiving visiting my parents, sexted me out of nowhere, cooked with me without making us both miserable, and now you want to cuddle?"

"Don't get used to it," I reply.  "I don't understand it either.  This is your one-time opportunity to pretend you have a normal girlfriend for a day.  Enjoy it while it lasts, because tomorrow I'm back to normal, standoffish, Type A Lauren."

He shakes his head.  "Man, you messed up.  Now I know what it's like for you to be normal and not really weird.  Now I'm definitely going to expect it.  You just screwed yourself over."

"Sucks for you," I say, shrugging.  "Not my problem you're going to expect miracles every day."

He laughs and kisses the top of my head.  "It would be way too weird if you acted like this every day.  It's nice every once in awhile though."

"It is kind of nice," I agree, shifting and getting more comfortable.

We spend the rest of the evening cuddled together on the couch, alternating between quietly watching TV and bullshitting about random things.  By the time we go to bed, I'm definitely all cuddled out, but just before I slip into sleep, I find Alex's hand and weave my fingers between his.



9 comments:

  1. I loooved this post!! Thanks for the bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOOVE these perspectives. Can you write a book please bc I will be the first to buy it!! Thanks so much for all that you do even though it makes my husband upset when a new post pops up and I stop everything to read it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great posts! How come Lauren is done as a 'present' time writing and kinsley isn't? I find it very hard to read. Story is great though, please don't think I'm criticizing you, I'm really not :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anon - they both seem present time to me. Maybe I'm missing something.

    Anyway, I love Lauren & Alex! mum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally love these two together! They seem to be perfect for each other! Love reading about Lauren and Kinsley and love your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She said they're both present time but Kinsley is reflecting on her past due to things that are currently happening. We've already seen bits and pieces of Lauren's past that tell us why she is the way she is in her relationships.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think what Anonymous meant was that Kinsleys posts (and all the other perspectives I've done) are written in past tense and Lauren's are written in present tense. That's just part of Lauren's voice. Sorry that it's a little confusing. I've gotten another comment with that same complaint and I'm working to try to make them a bit less choppy and easier to follow, but those things are also part of Lauren's voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was me =] it is definitely getting better. The hardest things I saw in this post were the "I say"s and for some reason the use of "though" it's like my mind can't process the use of those words and I stop the flow of reading and have to reread the sentence a few times then give up and move on to the next to get back in the flow. I hope this helps. =]


      I did love this post and on a side note are you a structural engineer? I vaguely remember you mentioning at one point what you did but I can't remember now. If you are that's very cool. I love hearing about women engineers. I'm in school now for automation. But am goin back and forth on switching to electrical engineering.

      Delete
    2. I agree! I find it hard to read because it doesn't flow as well as the other posts that are written more past tense. I often find myself going over and over sentences I've read. It doesn't stick in my head as well either. But I'm not an expert and I'm sure there's lots of people that do enjoy it. Can't make everyone happy! Do what you do, you're great

      Delete