Tuesday, August 11, 2015

State of the Blog

With Brody and Liv's wedding date drawing nearer, I'd like to address the future of the blog.  I had this post written, and then a couple of my favorite blogs announced an end in the near future, and I decided to hold on to the post a few more days.

Brody and Liv's story will be ending soon.  There are several reasons for this.  One is that--as my fellow bloggers can attest to--writing an ongoing story with no set end is HARD.  It is so hard to come up with ways to keep the story interesting without going off the deep end with completely ridiculous drama that people don't actually want to read.  Keeping a story going indefinitely is a logistical (and creative!) nightmare.  Another is that as I move back into my school year (the last, if all goes according to plan!) I anticipate that this year will be hell on wheels for me.  I will not be able to consistently give you, my amazing, supportive readers, the great posts you deserve.  I'd rather wrap Brody and Liv's story up at a natural ending point, and not when I'm rushed and half-assing it.

Now, with that said, I don't plan to go away.  Writing this blog has been therapeutic for me in ways that I couldn't have even imagined prior to starting it.  This blog got me through some of the roughest shit I've gone through in my adult life.  That sounds silly to say, but it's true.  It was something that, while I was otherwise flailing about like a crazy person with no idea what she's doing, I was always good at.  I was always getting positive feedback.  I always felt good about what I produced.  I don't want to lose that.

So, what is my plan then?  Good question.  Everyone loves Kinsley and Lauren, so I'd like to stick around this blog and write some more Kinsley and Lauren after I wrap up Liv and Brody.  I anticipate that those posts won't be as consistent or plentiful as my posting generally has been--but I have no idea how my life is going to go come September, and maybe I'll be wrong.  So I don't have the logistics of doing this mapped out, but I do want to do more with them.  Don't tell Liv, but Kinsley is my favorite character in this blog, and I'd really love to develop her story more.  And Lauren is...well, Lauren is me (with some creative liberties, of course ;) ) so I feel like she deserves some more story time.

I'm also working on a few other things.  One thing I hope might become another blog, depending on how it goes.  And the other...well, I hope that someday the other might become a book.  

So that is the state of the blog.  I hate to even announce it with the news of some of the other blogs wrapping up, but I have a feeling there will be some readers that will be thrilled with the shift from Liv to Kinsley and Lauren!


The plan for the rest of the week is: Lauren's post will go up Wednesday evening.  I hope to still get a Liv post written to schedule for Friday, but I make no promises at this point.  I will for sure be back with a Liv post on Sunday though.

As always, thank you for being the loyalest of readers.  You guys are all awesome.


28 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're not giving the blog completely away! You're a fantastic writer and if this is the only blog I could keep our of all the others then that's what I would do. I'm excited that K and L will have more spotlight with potential cameos from Liv and Brody as they embark on wedded bliss (?). It's cool that you're doing this, gives it sort of a book/series vibe. Good luck with everything you're awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Kinsley is my favorite so I'm looking forward to reading more of her story. You're a great writer! Keep up the good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I appreciate the nice compliment! I'm glad you're excited for more Kinsley. I'm excited to write it. She's my favorite to write, by far--which is why you guys got her posts more than once a week!

      Delete
  3. Yeay to Kinsley & Lauren!! U r an awesome writer.and glad to hear that you will be sticking around after Brody and Liv's wedding to develop the other favorite characters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad to hear but glad you will still be posting. I like lauren, I like Kinsley too but not thrilled about Damien so I may stick to Lauren posts. I really like Alex! Totally understand though it's hard to keep a storyline going, with a book you know there's an ending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you never know, Damien might win you back over. Or...maybe he won't!

      Delete
  5. I was so bummed when I first started reading this post because this is my favorite blog out of all the ones I read. But I am SOOO happy you are going to continue writing!! Love Kinsley and Lauren! I must admit though, I am sad that we won't get constant updates on Liv and Brody, because I absolutely love them (especially Brody!!). Maybe, possibly, hopefully, you could every once in a while do a Liv and Brody three post series type thing like you currently do with Kinsley, Lauren, and the other characters. Just so we can get an update on them here and there once they're married. Cause, ya know, I definitely want them to have babies... And I want to read about it... And I want to read about Brody because I will never get my fill of him. He's seriously a dream. But of course, it is your choice! It sounds like you completely want to wrap up their story, which I understand, but I figured I'd suggest it anyways :) Thanks for being so awesome! Your blog truly is one of the best ones out there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liv and Brody won't go away completely--they're still part of Lauren and Kinsley's stories, so we'll hear from them. I could definitely do a post here and there from one of their perspectives, we'll see where the story takes us!

      And thank you so much for your sweet compliment!

      Delete
  6. As silly as this might sound your writing has been such a source of hope and inspiration. Through your characters I've learned about friendships, relationships and have learned to not be so hard on myself in the areas I feel I lack. I have read from the beginning and I just want to thank you for sharing your talent, for always being so generous to us as readers, and for providing hope to a girl who didn't have it in her to believe in love. I went on a date tonight...the first in over a year. I figured if Kinsley could open up then so could I. I'm excited to see where life takes you and your stories. I would love to get to read a book of yours one day. I think you're incredibly talented and hope the best for you in all your endeavors. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made me feel all warm and fuzzy (and I don't often feel warm and fuzzy, haha). I hope your date was awesome, and even if it wasn't, there will be more dates, and they could be better! Thank you so much for your sweet compliments, as well. I have the best readers. You guys make this easy.

      Delete
  7. Okay so I cried a little! Not going to lie..you are my absolute favorite writer but it does make sense..and I agree with another poster hopefully they can make cameos throughout the storyline with Kinsley and Lauren!

    I would be so estatic if you wrote a book someday!!! You have great talent and an amazing way of connecting with your readers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO! Don't cry! It's not allowed! Thank you so much. I would love to write a book. I don't know when it will happen, and I have a couple different things in the works so I'll have to see where they go. I can't commit myself to anything long term at this point, but we'll see what happens after school is over!

      Delete
  8. This is my absolute favorite blog! So happy you are not going completely away. I agree with the other comments, please let Liv and Brody make cameo appearances, love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could never abandon Liv and Brody completely, don't worry!

      Delete
  9. Can I just tell you I got a lump in my throat when I started reading? It's like graduation and everyone is going away to college and I'm staying home living in my parent's basement! Well maybe not that bad, jk.

    So glad you are going to let the other characters evolve. Even if you do what you want with Kinsley & Lauren, you still have so many characters that we have been introduced to that you could work with. Thank you for continuing to write. Obviously, I am a fan. mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, how's that basement? Damp down there?

      SO many characters. I've toyed with the idea of doing like...a "villain" month where we hear from everyone we love to hate, but I haven't been able to get into that headspace to do it yet. It might happen in the future though!

      Delete
  10. You aren't exactly ending the blog, so no worries! :) YEYYYYY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, definitely not ending the blog, just wrapping up Brody and Liv's main story :)

      Delete
  11. Awww that's sad. All my favorite blogs are ending. I really don't think I'll read the others stories but thank you for bringing me Brody and Liv!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love!! Having an ongoing story just is not realistic and leads to burn out!! I'm so thankful you're not walking away though! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us!!
    Ps- Before I started my blog, I was writing my story as a book, so I have a clear arc written out that I'm following, and my story will end eventually. I've often thought I had no idea how you kept this going, especially as often as you post!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, and I'm toying with the idea of turning something else that I'm working on into another blog, but it definitely reads more as a book--so I've often wondered how you break your book up into posts, because I have no idea where I'd break some of my longer "chapters" that would be far too long for one post. And you do a great job with that! I'll need to toy with it a bit when I decide what I want to do with it.

      Delete
  13. I'm so happy you aren't saying goodbye! I admit, like others, I got scared when I started reading! Yay for more Kinsley, too! Best of luck with your busy September, as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare people. Especially with the other blogs saying goodbye recently.

      Delete
  14. Will Liv and Brody's story go through their wedding/a little after? I really hope so! And I really really hope for cameo appearances. This blog, and their story has been such a light in my life and I'll be sad to see that part end, though I understand. Thank you for all you do for us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This makes me sad, but I am so happy with how long you have continued. Brody & Liv's story has never disappointed and we are all so thankful for your amazing writing!

    Your blog not only gets you through tough times, but me as well (and I'm sure other readers)! If I am stressed I find myself rereading old posts because your writing is relaxing to me. Example: my little man had surgery this AM & they took him from me for an hour & 1/2 to do it. I read about Brody & Liv the whole time. They remind me of my parents :) I would totally buy a book if you ever wrote one.

    Anyway, I love Kinsley so I will be excited to read more about her! Thank you so much for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete