Sunday, August 9, 2015

Three's Company

Plan for the week:  Today's post, below.  Kinsley's final post tomorrow.  I'm going camping in the middle of nowhere on Thursday, so I promise one more post.  If I get both Lauren's first post and the next main storyline post written before I leave, you'll have main storyline on Wednesday and Lauren on Friday.  If I only get Lauren's written, you'll have Lauren's on Wednesday and then nothing until Sunday, unfortunately.  I'll do my best, but you'll at least have three posts this week with the Kinsley bonus!
__________________________________

When I got home, an unfamiliar car with Washington plates was parked in the middle of the driveway, so I parked in the street.  I grabbed the box containing our invitations and stopped at the mailbox to grab the mail.  Between the box, the mail, my purse, and my workbag, I was out of hands to get my keys to unlock the front door, so I rang the doorbell with my elbow.

Brody pulled open the door and grabbed the box from me, giving me a weird look.  Then he grimaced.  "He's still in the middle of the driveway, isn't he?  I'm sorry."

"It's okay," I said, smiling.  I was doing my best to put my bad attitude aside because I didn't want this to start on the wrong foot.  If it ended up being awful, it wasn't going to be because of me.

"What's in here?" Brody asked, looking curiously at the box.

"Our invitations," I said.  "I forgot all about them, but they turned out great!"

Brody opened the box and took one of the extra ones out and pulled it out of its envelope.  "They did," he agreed, looking at it.  He slipped it back into the envelope and put it back in the box, then smiled at me.  "Hi, beautiful," he said, kissing me lightly.  "How was lunch?"

"It was good," I said, sorting through the mail.  "Lauren was acting really normal, and her sister came too.  I haven't seen Amanda in ages."

I turned as I heard footsteps coming up the stairs.  "Oh, hi Olivia," Ken said.  "I was just coming up to move my car.  I'm sorry if it was in your way."

"That's okay," I said.  "How was the drive here?"

"Long, of course, but other than that it was good," he said.  "Look, thanks for being okay with me staying with you guys.  I'll be out of here as soon as I can, and I'll try not to get in your way.  Can I take you guys out to dinner tonight?"

Brody looked at me and I nodded.  "Works for us," Brody agreed.  Ken grinned and went outside to move his car.  Brody looked back at me.  "Keys?  I'll go put your car in the garage."  I pulled my keys out of my purse and handed them to him, and he started to walk out but then turned back, fishing in his pocket.  "That reminds me.  Here."  He handed me a key.

"What's this?" I asked.

"I put a lock on your library door.  I know how you feel about your space and I thought you might feel at least a little better about everything if your space was secure."

"I love you," I said.  "Thank you.  I do appreciate knowing my space is safe.  I really am okay with this though--he's family.  I just wish we would have had a little more notice.  That's what threw me off.  I was just really caught off guard."

"I know, me too," he agreed.  "And I love you too."  He kissed me and went to move my car, while I took my work bag and shoved it in the entry closet.  It was hard to believe that I was done with working Saturdays (and Fridays too, for that matter) for now.  I briefly wondered what I'd do with all my time, then rolled my eyes at myself.  Plan a wedding, of course.

I moved the box of invitations to the table.  They needed stamps and to be mailed this week.  And I needed to find a florist to go meet with.  Soon, preferably.

Brody and Ken walked back inside, laughing about something.  Ken said, "I'm going to go finish unpacking the things I brought and get settled.  What time should we leave?"  We debated a dinner time for a little while and once it was settled, Ken headed downstairs.

"What are your plans for the rest of the afternoon?" Brody asked me, raising an eyebrow suggestively.

"Changing out of my work clothes and then doing wedding stuff," I said, starting up the stairs.  He trailed after me, but I quickly shut him down.  "We can't have sex right now," I protested.  "What if Ken needs something and comes looking for you?"

"The bedroom door locks," he said, with a shrug.

"Later, please?" I asked.  He agreed, but he still tortured himself by laying on the bed and watching me change.

"Come here," he said, motioning to me once I was done.  I flopped on the bed next to him and let him pull me closer to him.  "What wedding stuff are you going to work on?" he asked, sliding his fingers up and down my arm.

"I need to find a florist, and we need to get stamps on the invitations so we can send them out," I told him.

"Sounds like fun," Brody said.

I laughed.  "I think I heard a little bit of sarcasm there.  Will you help me do the stamps?  There aren't that many invitations."

He agreed immediately to help, and we made our way downstairs and he sat on the couch with me, putting stamps on invitations while I looked for a florist.  With just 36 total invitations to send out, it only took him about 10 minutes.  He carefully stacked them back in the box, then said, "I'm going to go get some work done, unless you need me for more wedding stuff."

"Nope, I'm good," I said.  "Unless you've changed your mind about caring about the florist."  I smirked at him and he shook his head.

"No, not at all," he replied.  "That's all you."  He stood, kissed the top of my head, and wandered into the kitchen, then to his office.  I finished poring over reviews and picked the florist I wanted to meet with.  They were--miraculously--still open, and I called and made an appointment for Friday afternoon.  Then I called Brody's mom and invited her along.  She excitedly agreed to come and we ended up chatting for a few minutes as well.  We planned to meet for lunch first, then go to the florist.  I would never have wanted to spend an afternoon alone with John's mom, and she was a perfectly normal, nice woman, but I was excited to spend time with Thalia.  I had hit the future-mother-in-law jackpot, and I was grateful that she was so amazing.

I headed upstairs to get ready for dinner, and Brody came up to shower while I was running my flat iron through my hair.  "Ken is always late," he warned me, turning on the shower and pulling his shirt off.  "I don't know if living in the same house will change that, but I wouldn't plan on him being ready to go on time."

"Good to know," I said, my eyes on his chest.  They traveled lower as he pushed his shorts off and stepped out of them.

He smirked, watching my gaze.  "You had your chance," he said, stepping into the shower.  "Now you have to wait."

I finished getting ready and went back downstairs to do a little more random wedding-related research while I waited for the guys. Brody wandered down a few minutes later, and I showed him what I was doing.  I was surprised at how easy it was to get him involved in wedding planning stuff.  I only had Kendra's gripes about Christian's lack of interest, plus my brain full of stereotypes to go by, but I had expected it to be much harder to get him interested.

True to Brody's prediction, Ken didn't even appear upstairs until about 20 minutes after we were supposed to leave.  I wasn't worried, because I wasn't in a hurry at all.  He let us know he was going to be driving separately because he was meeting up with some old friends in town after we ate.  I'd almost forgotten that they'd lived here when they were younger, and hadn't realized that he'd probably still know a handful of people in the area.

Dinner was nice, and Ken insisted on paying, which was totally unnecessary but sweet.  I found out a little more about him and his job.  He was an IT project manager for a company with several locations, and had taken a promotion that had resulted in his transfer to the Boulder office.  He'd be doing some traveling to their other offices as part of this position as well.  Ken had the same dry sense of humor as Brody and the two of them had me laughing through most of the meal, as Ken told me stories about young Brody and Brody defended himself.

"I am so glad I don't have siblings to tell you embarrassing stories about my childhood," I commented to Brody as we walked out.

"Yeah, well, he should remember that he's still not firmly back in my favor," Brody said good-naturedly.

"I heard that," Ken called, a few steps behind us.

"I wasn't whispering!" Brody replied, laughing to himself.  I just shook my head.

Brody and I ended up headed somewhere else to meet up with Kendra, Christian, and Alex and have a drink.  I offered to drive, since Brody almost always did, and he actually took me up on it.  Brody went up to the bar to get a drink for himself and a soda for me, and I leaned over towards Kendra.  "I assume Lauren is hanging out with her family?"

Kendra nodded, then lowered her voice and said, "I'm not sure why Alex is here though.  He'd originally said he probably wouldn't be, but then he ended up texting Christian last minute and saying he wanted to come."  I gave her a weird look, and she shrugged.  I looked over at Alex.  He looked fine.  He was giving Christian a hard time about something and they were both laughing.

"Oh, before I forget!" Kendra said, changing the subject abruptly.  "Christian and I want to book our room for your wedding soon, do you guys have rooms blocked anywhere?"  When I grimaced, she laughed.

"I guess I should probably do that this week, huh?" I asked.  I pulled out my phone and added it to my list of wedding related tasks I needed to do sooner rather than later.

"Do what this week?" Brody asked, reappearing with drinks.

"Hotel blocks," I replied.  Brody looked at me blankly.  I explained it to him, and said, "We don't have a ton of people coming, but it still probably isn't a bad idea."

"Makes sense to me," he agreed.

We stayed out for a couple hours, then headed home.  I was pretty sure Brody was solidly buzzed, and he confirmed it when he grabbed my ass as we walked out of the bar.  "Try to keep it in your pants until we get home," I said, laughing and pulling his hand up to a more reasonable spot on my hip.

"Well that's no fun," he grumbled.

He barely managed, and spent most of the drive distracting me with his wandering hands.  He was out of the car before I'd even turned it off, and he pulled my door open for me, then grabbed the keys out of my hands and unlocked the door.  As soon as the door closed behind me, he had me up against the wall, kissing me hard.  I groaned as he nipped at my bottom lip and slid his hands roughly up my skirt.  "I love dresses," he said softly, grinning at me.  "Makes everything so easy."  I started to respond but lost my train of thought when his fingers pressed against me through my underwear.  I sucked in a sharp breath and leaned my head back against the wall, completely forgetting about everything except his fingers against me.

Brody's lips found mine as he moved my underwear aside and stroked me gently.  I moaned into our kiss and pressed my hips against his hand as he eased first one, then two fingers inside me, keeping his thumb pressed firmly against me.  He pushed the fingers of other hand through my hair, then moved it to wrap his arm around my waist when my legs started to shake.  I gripped his back, digging my fingers in desperately as I came.

I was--quite literally--mid-orgasm when the front door opened (which is in plain view of the garage door) and Ken walked in.  Brody and I both froze, my legs clamping shut against his hand, which did nothing helpful, as it just pushed it tighter against me.  Ken took one look at us and quickly looked away, saying, "I'm just going to go downstairs," as he disappeared

I pressed my face against Brody's chest as my cheeks burned.  "At least we're both fully clothed?" he said, sliding his hand out from under my dress and wrapping both arms around me.

"Damn you for making me forget that we have a roommate now," I mumbled, my voice muffled against his shirt.  Brody laughed gently, stroking my back.

"Yeah, that's not a show I want to put on again," he agreed.  "I've just confirmed that exhibitionism isn't my thing at all."  Despite my mortification, I laughed at that.    "Should we go upstairs?" he asked, nudging me gently away from his chest.

I nodded.  "Yes.  Upstairs...with the door locked!" Brody laughed and we headed upstairs, to the only safe place to have sex for the next month.




9 comments:

  1. Oops!! Ken seems to be trying hard hopefully it all works out well. Maybe Ken and Kinsley could get together if he's sticking around and things go south with Damien again?? They're both a bit damaged dunno, I can sorta see it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, interesting thought! Ken does seem to be trying hard, though. We'll see how it goes!

      Delete
  2. Awkward! But I can't wait to hear what's going on with Lauren and Alex!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Lauren backed out on letting Alex meet her Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex met Lauren's mom when they went to Wisconsin for Liv and Brody's engagement party/the 4th of July, so he has met her.

      Delete
    2. That's right. Thanks for the reminder. Still seems like she's shading out on him spending time with her or something because something is definitely up!

      Delete