Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Loose Ends

So, after reading the comments on my last post, I realized that I left some loose ends floating regarding what Brody is working with at his company.  It's sort of important and I previously thought it all through, so I wanted to make sure it's all clear.  However, I do not have the mental energy to incorporate them into a post like I should.  So instead, I'm phoning it in and you get bullet points.  My apologies, but it's truly the best I can do right now.

So, when Brody started the Denver branch, he:
*brought a handful of people (roughly 6-7) with him from Miami
*hired everyone else

Some tasks continued to be handled remotely through the Miami office:
*all HR tasks
*a large chunk of the administrative tasks
*the vast majority of handling after hours calls and issues

When Brody bought out the Denver branch, this is what happened:
*His dad pulled all the people he originally sent to Denver back to Miami
*The head of the Denver marketing dept didn't want to go back, so he quit and is currently working to get out of his non-compete so he can stay with Brody (this was mentioned in Guess Who's Back )
*The people that Brody hired locally were given the option to stay in Denver or join the Miami team
*6 elected to go to Miami because they were worried about the stability of the company after such a sudden split
*About 12 employees remained, not including Brody
*Clients were given the option to stay with Brody or stay with Brody's dad.  All but a couple elected to stay with Brody

So now Brody has:
*12 employees (which is roughly half of what he had before)
*No HR
*No marketing
*One very overwhelmed administrative staff person
*No one he trusts to handle after hours calls, issues, etc, besides himself

All that, with essentially the same number of clients that he had before.

I hope that clears up any questions that might have been out there.  Please do let me know if there are more! 

1 comment:

  1. I hope Liv is understanding of his work situation for the time being!

    ReplyDelete