Friday, August 1, 2014

Author's Note: I need your help!

As I've mentioned before, starting in September things are going to be crazy for me.  I'll be working full time, attending grad school, and completing an internship, and I'll probably have to reduce the number of times I post per week.  Because you all have been so amazing, I'm toying with some ideas for ways to continue consistently give you three posts a week, instead of going down to two and doing bonus posts when I have time.

Keeping up on an ongoing storyline is hard.  I don't want to have to make posts shorter or crappier.  So I was thinking about having one post a week be about other characters.  I was planning on doing backstory on Liv's friends (and enemies!) and/or current posts from other characters' perspectives.  These posts will be easier to write and will help me keep Liv's storyline from getting stale.

Where I'm struggling is how to structure it.  So I'm asking you for help.  In the comments, or an email (newbeginningnewadventures@gmail.com) please answer the following questions so I can give you guys what you want to read:

1.  Are you even interested in this idea?
2.  Would you prefer I stick to just backstories, just current things from other characters' perspectives, or do you want a mix of both?
3.  Do you want the posts in a series, or mixed up?  (So for example, if I've got 5 posts on Brody's backstory, I could do them all 5 weeks in a row, and then do 5 weeks of Lauren's story, OR I can mix them up and do Brody one week, then Lauren, then Savannah, etc.)
4.  Are there any particular characters/events/things you want me to make sure to write about? 
5.  Anything else you'd like to add?  Other ideas, requests, or feedback?

Thank you guys again for reading and commenting and generally being awesome!  This blog has been so much fun to write, and seeing the page view count go up and reading everyone's great comments has really been such a blast. 

11 comments:

  1. Cool idea! I'd love backstories that let us know how certain characters became the way that they are, especially Lauren and Savannah, whose quirks we don't fully understand. I'm not sure about having one from Brody's perspective though... Sometimes it's nice to keep the guy's perspective a mystery. I wouldn't mind hearing about this whole crew from a different perspective, though.

    I love Liv's story! This blog and Tragedy and the Twenty-Something are both fantastic! The writing is so fresh and real. Thanks for all of the great posts this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback. That's a really good point about keeping some of the mystery about Brody. I will definitely keep that in mind and if I do some posts on him, I will be sure to not lay everything out. It might be fun to write about some of his hard partying days though!

      And thank you so much for the compliment. I also love Tragedy and the Twenty-Something :) I'm glad you're loving Liv's story so far, I have enjoyed sharing it!

      Delete
  2. It would be cool to hear what alex thinks about it all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! I definitely want to do some stuff on Alex. He's probably one of the least developed characters and he deserves a little more blog time. Thank you for the feedback!

      Delete
  3. I agree with the commentor above, but I also think it'd be sweet to read what Brody thinks about everything, maybe not all of it but definitely some. I have to say I absolutely love this blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have some ideas for upcoming posts where it might be interesting to see Brody's perspective too, so I'll probably do a couple. Thank you for your feedback and your compliment. I'm so glad you enjoy the blog! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. I will definitely do more with Alex, Savannah, and Lauren in these posts. And we'll have more about Cassie in the main storyline soon, but I can do some extra posts on her too. Thank you so much for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see Brody's side of things, but that's only because you make him so, so likable! I also think seeing what causes Savannah to be, well, Savannah, would be a great choice! Nice ideas!

    sheerluckandpixiedust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come back Friday this week for the first of Savannah's back story :)

      Delete
  6. I would love to see a few posts from Brody's perspective - I was thinking there could also be a random 3rd post of the week that was focused just on Liv and Brody but perhaps just a date or something between them that doesn't necessarily advance the story, but just a day in the life kind of thing with this new couple since we all love reading about them so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! I didn't think about that. Thank you :)

      Delete